- A COPYWRITING PRO IS GOOD FOR BUSINESS
Words are sales tools. Powerful tools that can grow your business and increase profitability. Combining that copy with SEO capability (Search Engine Optimization) can land you on the first page of a search engine like Google, increasing your sales and revenues substantially.
Now the question is, do you do it yourself? Or do you hire a professional freelance copywriter to do it for you? Someone who can help turn persuasive, SEO-linked words into a better return on your investment?
- If you're still thinking about it, here are five solid reasons you should go with a copywriting pro:
- 1. Your time is important. Save it for what you do best
- Chances are, if writing isn't your forte, you're going to spend a lot of time staring at a blank page. And while you're doing that, you're not doing what you do best. Running your company and servicing your clients. And that's bad for business. Save yourself the hassle and let a professional copywriter do it for you.
- 2. Perspective is everything
- Sometimes you get so close to a subject you lose your objectivity. That's something we all do. We get caught up in the daily grind and lose perspective, forgetting just what makes our company or our products unique. That's where a professional copywriter comes in. They can provide a fresh new outlook that not only positions your company to stand out, but motivates your targets to take action.
- 3. SEO: Vital to your online presence
- You know what it is. Search engine optimization. Google, right? And you know how important your existence there is in this cut-throat world of the internet. Maybe you've even seen your competitors' websites listed right up there on the first page and at the top of the list. So you ask yourself, how did they do that? Can I do that? Yes, you can. With a professional copywriter who knows the ins and outs of SEO. Hitting the target is tricky but a good copywriter can help ensure a high ranking on Google and other social media sites. And that means more traffic and more opportunities to convert visitors to customers. Now how cool is that?
- 4. The importance of clarity and brevity
- There is a glut of information out there and you need to distinguish yourself from the crowd. But is your current copy too long? Too complex to do the job? No worries. Professional copywriters can make anything sound exciting. They can take complicated subject matter – topics you may understand but your potential clients may not – and turn it into easy-to-read, engaging copy. And, since the average person's attention span is pretty short, they can translate that information into succinct and relevant points. Clarity and brevity. Watchwords of the professional copywriter.
- 5. Your image is everything
No matter what promotional or informational vehicle you use to tell the public what you're all about, make no mistake – your company's image is on the line. Whether you know it or not, your company has a distinct personality. A personality that is not just conveyed through the visual elements you use (such as your logo, colors, typeface) but through your choice of words, sentence structure, and variation in content. So, does your current image do that? Does it convey what you want? No? Well, a professional copywriter can make sure that it does. Writing in the tones and styles endemic to your target audiences, a copywriter can project exactly the image you want, bringing your personality – your unique brand – to life.
- All that being said, there's actually one more reason hiring a professional copywriter is good for business:
- 6. Formatting content to fit different types of readers
- This is something that most people don't see or consider as important. But it's essential to getting the most out of your copy. Think about it. Do you want to read reams of copy? Or do you prefer that a content piece gets right to the point? Everyone has a preference, and your copy needs to let readers choose what format is best for them. There are numerous formats out there and a professional copywriter can not only write compelling copy, but write copy that directly corresponds to the tastes of your audience.